Temporary Childcare FAQ
1How do I deal with taxes?
2What are the agency fees?
The permanent referrals fees are based on the gross annual income of the nanny and household + corporate staff. There is a non-refundable registration fee of $99 to start the search for a permanent full time or part time nanny, housekeeper or household professional. This fee is applied to the permanent fee once you choose to hire someone through Nannies & Housekeepers Household Staffing Agency.
- $169.00 is the Registration Fee for the one year annual membership to join the Babysitting, Housekeeping or Pet Sitting Registries. This allows you access to our nanny, housekeeping or pet sitting services for a year. Our professional Nanny Concierge are available 24 hours a day to serve you.
- $25 booking fee per day is applied once a nanny has been confirmed for your requested dates.
- $25 booking fee per day is applied once a housekeeper, caregiver or pet sitter has been confirmed for your requested dates.
- 15% for nanny, housekeeper and caregiver
- 20% for household managers, personal chefs, personal assistants
- 25% for all out of state placements
3What is your Cancellation Policy?Once we have assigned a nanny to your job, the Referral Fee will be processed with no refunds. If an assignment is canceled with less than 48 hours’ notice, you will also be responsible for paying the nanny for 4 hours of the agreed hourly amount. If the nanny cancels, we will find a replacement, or apply a credit toward a future booking.
4Is it possible to hire the same nanny for each assignment?Though we cannot guarantee that the same person will be available for each assignment, we will do our best to honor special requests. We require that all scheduling is done through the agency; clients may not contact our nannies directly to request dates.
5What if I decide to hire a temporary nanny on a permanent basis?We are happy to apply the temporary fee to a long-term fee if you wish to hire a temporary nanny on a permanent basis. Some restrictions apply
6Can I interview the temporary nanny ahead of time?There is not a formal interview process for temporary nannies. You will have the chance to speak with the nanny in advance when they confirm the details of the assignment.
7What are the benefits of nanny care vs. day care?
- Children receive individual attention from a dedicated and nurturing caregiver.
- Children catch fewer colds and illnesses.
- Parents remain in control of the care-giving style.
- Parents chose the person who will be influencing their children’s development.
- Families benefit by having a nanny who helps with household errands, child-related housekeeping and laundry.
- Children have a more secure and safe environment in a home setting.
- Children with nannies have a better chance of developing relationship-building skills, since turnover at daycare is much higher.